WELCOME!!! NORWEGIAN CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS !!!!
WELCOME NCL NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE PASSENGERS !!!!
HARVEST CAYE, BELIZE
Barebones Tours is excited to announce that our first five guests from Harvest Caye experienced Percy’s JUNGLE ADVENTURE on November 22 2017 !!!!
ARE YOU READY ????
Our goal is for you to ……….
HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE THAT BRINGS YOU BACK TO BELIZE ON VACATION TO EXPERIENCE MORE !!!!
Here is your opportunity to book a BELIZE ADVENTURE with one of our Professional Guides! YOU WILL NEVER FORGET !!!
Experience the MONKEY RIVER JUNGLE ADVENTURE or a PERSONAL day at sea with Percy Gordon AKA “King of the Howlers”!
Christian Bech is ready to take you on his PERSONAL birding experience !!!!
Our guides have a wealth of knowledge and bring their own unique character to provide you with a fun, authentic experience !!!!
5 Star Trip Advisor Reviews
Percy’s Cruise line JUNGLE ADVENTURE Group
- 4-5 Hour Jungle , River Tour and Manatee Watch and Monkey River Village Experience.
- Percy will meet the FIRST AND SECOND TENDER (The tender cost is $20 US per person and is not included in the Barebones Tours Price) from Harvest Caye in Placencia on your tour day. Our first guests experienced difficulty getting on the first tender so Percy will not begin his ADVENTURE until after the second tender arrives in Placencia. On a group tour missing the second tender could cause you to miss PERCY’S BOAT and miss the tour ! We recommend informing the ship as soon as you board that you have to be on the first tender to Placencia.
- Travel 40 minutes by boat first passing Harvest Caye and then through beautiful mangroves short cuts to Monkey River Village. 70% of the boat ride is protected by mangroves through calm and smooth water.
- Arrive in Monkey River Village, change into your jungle clothing and use the restroom.
- On request we will supply bug shirts or bug hats to keep the insects out of your face and off your clothing.
- Travel by boat up the Monkey River observing different wildlife until you reach the jungle trail.
- Hike into the jungle where Percy GUARANTEES you will see Howler Monkeys!
- Learn about medicinal plants, birds and the multitude of wildlife that live in the jungle.
- Tour Monkey River Village
- Have Lunch at Percy’s Sister Kecerene’s House / Restaurant in Monkey River Village
- Return to Placencia via boat and on the way stop for a Manatee watch.
- Arrive to meet the tender back to Harvest Caye.
- Water and Lunch included.
- If your looking for any gifts Percy will have his “I Survived the Monkey River Jungle shirts for sale and Joy’s Gift shop is open as well.
Group Tour Rates
$120USD 2-4 people $100USD 5+ people
If your group has 2-4 people the cost is $120 US per person
Percy’s Cruise Ship Reef Adventure – Personal Only
- 4 Hour Reef / Snorkeling Adventure
- Cruise guests will have to purchase tickets on the ship or Harvest Caye to tender over to Placencia at 9am ($20 US per person)
- Percy will meet the tender in Placencia at the municipal pier.
- 4 HOUR REEF ADVENTURE !!!!
- Do WHAT you want, WHEN you want, AS LONG as you want!
- ONLY you and your friends/family will be on this tour
- Pick up in Placencia at 8AM at your hotel or closest dock
- Your group will have the opportunity to do all or some of the following depending on the weather conditions and the season :
- Snorkel the Barrier Reef
- Fish with hand lines
- Dive for lobster
- Snorkel with manatees
- Cook your catch on one of the Cayes
Personal Tour Rates
Lunch, water, snorkeling equipment and park fees included.
$625USD 1-3 people $750USD 4 people Contact Us 5+ people
Christian’s Cruise line Birding Experience – Personal Tour Only
Belize, with almost 600 species of birds, is a mega haven for bird lovers of all levels.
Whether you are an avid Birder or a beginning bird watcher, then Belize surely has a lot to offer as a top location for your birding adventure.
Our PERSONAL BIRDING EXPERIENCE, gives you the pleasure of having full attention for a whole day by our Birding Guide Christian Bech.
Christian is an advanced level Birding Guide with 10 years’ experience as General Tour Guide and Mayan Archaeology Expert.
Whether you are an avid Birder or a beginning bird watcher, Belize surely has a lot to offer as a top location for your birding adventure.
“The great variation of tropical habitats; in such a small area as the country of Belize; is what makes birding so fruitful and great here” Christian explains. “Distances are fairly short and if you are going for maximum species, then it is possible to cover a wide range of habitats from coastal wetlands and Mangrove to lowland pine savannah, lowland tropical broadleaf forest, riverine forest, limestone foothills – with a tight schedule off-cause, but very possible.”
“Many birding guests are new to our birds and wish to see, photograph and get more familiar with each bird, so then a much slower pace is required. So we will normally focus on 1 or 2 locations with prime habitat and preferable 1 being a protected area with good wide trails and beautiful forest.”
Cruise ship tours will normally focus on one of our protected areas in close proximity to Placenciaand a couple of personal hotspots – depending on how well the day goes, but some seasonal events are certainly worthwhile to include in the program depending on your interest area. We have the yearly Scarlet Macaw migration in the foothills of Red Bank, where most of our population of Macaws travels away from their breeding area in the Maya Mountains to local seasonal food hotspots as in the area around Red Bank Village and we have variation of areas where some species will be attracted to food sources at different times during the year.
Fall and spring migration of Neo-tropical migrants offers the opportunity to observe “homely birds” in a different winter habitat and many North American Birders have had the experience of getting “Lifers” – first time sighting – of North American Birds in Belize.
Favourite destinations for birding from Placencia Peninsula
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mayflower/Bocawina National Park
- Redbank Village and surrounding area
- Hopkins Wetlands
- Several small feeder roads and local spots along the road to any site
Lunch or Brunch and cold water are provided on all tours.
Birding is for fun – so good mood and team spirit – lots of great sightings and awesome birds is what makes a birding tour to a great experience. So that is my job to ensure and I look forward to have you on my tour.”
Personal Tour Rates
|$300 USD||1 person|
|$150 USD||2-4 person|
|$130 USD||5+ person|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION !!!!
Lunch, water, snorkeling equipment and park fees included
To take Percy’s JUNGLE ADVENTURE cruise passages must notify the ship after boarding for the first time that they have to be on the first tender in the morning from Harvest Caye to Placencia to make the tour. The tender is $20 US per person round trip
If the port of call changes after booking and paying for your ADVENTURE we will refund 90% of the tour cost
If your ship arrives at Harvest Caye and you miss the first and second tender or dont make it to Placencia at all and miss the tour we will refund 40% of the tour cost
If a person is sick and cant join the rest of the group on the tour we will refund 80% of the tour cost for that person.
A Group is 2 or more people booking together.
A Group Tour is different groups together on the same tour.
A Personal tour is just your group going alone with a guide.